This yoga teacher training course is for anyone with three to six months minimum consistent yoga practice wanting to learn how to teach in a confident, knowledgeable, and empowered way. This training is also for those wanting to deepen their practice and learn the history, depth, and magical transformations of yoga and meditation.
You will receive hands-on training from incredibly well-trained teachers in adjustments, alignment, sequence-planning, Hatha and Vinyasa sequencing, modifications, philosophy, history, and so much more. Learn how to live fully and artfully in every moment, heal your life and others' lives, let go of attachments and false beliefs, and rise up into your fullest truest self.
You will become a yoga family as together you all will heal, laugh, cry, sing, and dance. Release the unconscious limitations that you have collected and free yourself to walk a path of truly elevated consciousness through ancient teachings of yoga and meditation.
Throughout the training, which actively raises intuition and works to integrate the understanding that you have infinite potential, students often experience profound healing, the release of past traumas, while learning true self-love and your life’s truest purpose.
Please inform Full Circle Yoga School of your past experience with yoga, as your training will be tailored to your needs - from moderate experience to the advanced student. This is an in-depth course that goes above and beyond what is required to be certified to teach and is created for all those who are interested in changing their lives and in delving deeper into truth, health, and healing. This course is a training that fuses mind, body, soul.
Full Circle Wellness teaches in the traditional yogic methodology, which views yoga as a lifestyle, a science, and an art. They combine a detailed and in-depth study of modern asanas (postures) with a rich and colorful history and philosophy, as well as the lifestyle of yoga that offers balance and peace for life "off the mat". Students will learn, practice, and teach a wide range of yoga postures, fully grasping sequencing in Hatha and Vinyasa flows.
There is ample opportunity to deepen your understanding of prana (life-force energy), healing, and spirituality, woven into the course with anatomy, sequence, and breath, all in a space that offers the multi-faceted teachings of yoga while honoring and respecting all religious backgrounds and beliefs. Learn how to live fully and artfully in every moment, heal your life and others' lives, let go of attachments and false beliefs, and rise up into your fullest self.
True yoga meaning "union" teaches you to expand your consciousness and live in a higher vibrational life of beauty, presence, grace, and bliss. With the opportunity for extra study in energy healing and how to apply it directly to the work and life of a yoga teacher, this is truly an opportunity to shake off what you are ready to leave behind in order to transform into the empowered you.
- Daily meditation and yoga classes
- Learning of in-depth asana knowledge
- Anatomy and hands-on adjustments
- How to develop your own unique teaching gift
- Learning to let go and shed limiting beliefs
- Meditation: techniques, teaching, and self-practice
- Pranayama (breathing techniques)
- Study of the yoga sutras
- Teaching methodology
- Yogic philosophy
- Yogic lifestyle, nutrition, self-care, and life as a moving meditation
- The business of yoga
- How to market yourself as a yoga teacher
- The art of manifestation and intention setting workshop
- Intention setting tea ceremony
- Earth and water creation ceremony
- Fire and air letting go ceremony
- Graduation and completion full circle ceremony
Training runs for 15 days including arrival and departure days. Course days schedules are from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. with a one-hour lunch break. On a typical day, you will meet at 6:00 a.m. for morning meditation or yoga class order depending on schedule. You will work from the manual up until lunch usually about 12:15 p.m to 1:30 p.m. After lunch, you will work on asanas (postures), sequencing, and practice teaching.
Reading Materials Mandatory To Bring To Training:
- Teaching Yoga-Essential Foundations and Techniques by Mark Stephens
- Yoga Toolbox for Teachers and Students, 3rd Edition
- The Yoga Anatomy Coloring Book
Please order these books at least two weeks prior to coming to the training to ensure their arrival as it is essential to the course. Arrive at the training having already read Chapter 1 of the Teaching Yoga Book ready to discuss on day 1.
Homework is nightly consisting of one short writing assignment, reading the following chapter, and working on class sequencing each night based on asana learning.
Recommended readings for before or after the training:
- Yoga Sequencing by Mark Stevens
- Yoga Adjustments by Mark Stevens
- One Spirit Medicine
- Yoga Sutras: The Means to Liberation-Translated and commented by Dennis Hill
- 2100 Asanas The Complete Yoga Poses
- Power of Now-Eckhart Tolle
- Bhagavad Gita
- Light On Yoga
- Autobiography of a Yogi
- The Science of Breath
The last day of the course is your graduation ceremony and you will have to wear white. Full Circle Yoga School prefer to end the journey in the purest ascended form and all in white. It can be yoga clothing or something dressy.
Top reasons for choosing Full Circle Yoga School:
- You will leave the training with the ability to teach. Many students get a teaching job right after graduation.
- Full Circle Yoga School offers spiritual training. It is centred upon self love, living from your divine essence, and living life as a sacred moving meditation.
- Training with Full Circle Yoga School is a transformative journey. Many of the students experience healing by leaving the training shifted, lifted, and more in touch with themselves and their life’s purpose.
- The training courses are born from love and Full Circle Yoga School creates a yoga family and lifelong friendships.
- Full Circle Yoga School are playful and its training courses are full of joy and laughter. They are serious about their schedule and you developing your skills and the art of teaching. But they also make sure to make this process a playful uplifting experience.
- Full Circle Yoga School goes beyond delivering more than is required, such as asana, methodology, Vinyasa, Hatha, philosophy, alignment, lifestyle, meditation, anatomy, relaxation, mindfulness, sequencing, nutrition, mantra, pranayama, kriyas, marketing, and self-inquiry.
- Full Circle Yoga School is looking forward to sharing the journey with you.
Kindly keep in mind that this course is not for beginners. You will be asked to attend all lessons on time, teach a practice class, practice meditation, and pass the written exam with 80 per cent or higher proficiency.
This training is also for those wanting to deepen their practice and learn the history, depth, and magical transformations of yoga and meditation. Therefore, this course is open to everyone with a minimum of three to six months of consistent yoga practice. If you attend all lessons but choose to opt-out of practice classes or exams then you will receive a certificate of completion which will not give you a Yoga Alliance yoga teacher certification.
Upon the completion of this yoga teacher training, you will be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT®). Registration with Yoga Alliance provides a globally recognized credential.
Sample daily schedule
- 6:00-6:30 am Daily Meditation
- 6:30-8:00 AM Daily Morning 75min Yoga Practice, Hatha/Vinyasa Infused with Restorative/Yin and Adjustments
- 8:00-8:30 Breakfast Break
- 8:30-12:30 Chapter Work
- 12:30-1:30 Lunch
- 1:30-3:30 Pranayama, Asana Study, Cuing, Alignment, Adjustments, & Modifications
- 3:30-5:30 Practice Teaching
- 5:45 Day End Circle Gathering With Mantra Chanting or Song
- 6:00 Dinner Break
- 6:30-8 pm Study or Ceremony
The detailed schedule can be accessed by a password which is given shortly before the start of the program as each training is different and the schedule is ever-evolving.
- Bhagavad Gita
- Yoga sutras
- The seat of the teacher
- Yoga’s journey to the west
- Yoga styles
- The five sheaths
- Subtle energy
- Creating space for self-transformation
- The physical setting
- Classroom set-up and orientation
- Class levels and prerequisites
- Class etiquette
- Waking up the spiritual environment
- Archetypes and mythology
- Creating happy space
- Space for healing
- Holding integrated space
- Teaching who is in front of you
- Voice and language
- Basic elements of asana practice
- Instructing asana
- General principles in physical cues and adjustments
- Modifications, variations, and props
- Teaching meditation
- Guided meditation techniques
- When to meditate
- Meditating amid the flow of body and breath
- Principles of sequencing
- Basic arc and structure of the class
- Sequencing within asana families
- Planning specific classes
- Chakra model of sequencing
- Popular Hatha sequences and creating your class
- New to yoga
- Working with injuries
- Working with depression
- Teaching in alternative settings
- Working with pregnant students
- Yoga teacher training and certifications
- Teaching opportunities and remuneration
- Business of yoga
- Cultivating abundance
- Preserving abundance
- Regulation of the profession
- Path of the teacher
- You graduate actually teaching - Leave ready to step out immediately into your first teaching job
- Daily morning soul rocking 75-minute yoga practice - Hatha and Vinyasa infused with Restorative and Yin
- Adjustments and oils
- Daily shifting and lifting meditation
- Learn to cultivate a home practice
- Reiki Level 1 certification in addition to your certificate to register with Yoga Alliance
- Chakra balancing - First seven days are infused with yoga, meditation, mantra, music, food, and oils of the day's Chakra
- Yogic lifestyle workshop covering nutrition, self-care, and life as a moving meditation
- Spirit animal drum journey
- The art of manifestation and intention setting workshop
- Cord-cutting / Ayurvedic surgery healing workshop
- Mayan emotional release and clearing meditation
- Abundance tree meditation - Journey for prosperity and success
- Opening morning intention setting tea ceremony and oracle cards
- Heart opening cocoa ceremony infused with meditation and live music
- Fire and air letting go circle ceremony
- Earth and water creation beach ceremony
- Graduation Full Circle red string and beach ceremony on the final day
- Coursework and practice teaching on the beach
- Live music of guitar, harmonium, drums, and singing bowls throughout classes, meditations, and ceremonies
- Beach clean up as Seva or Karma yoga for service