Upon completion of this yoga teacher training, students will receive a certificate affiliated with Yoga Alliance. Registration with Yoga Alliance provides a globally recognized credential.
In this advanced course, you will be building on the foundation which was laid in the 200-hour course. You will go deeper into all of the aspects of yoga, as is outlined in the curriculum below. You will also experience tremendous transformation in your life and practice from the teachings and presence of a master.
This yoga teacher certification course (200 hours) together with the advanced yoga teacher certification course (300 hours) follow the standards of Yoga Alliance.
- Main texts: Hatha Yoga Pradipika and Yoga Sutras of Patanjali "How to Know God"
- Asanas (yoga postures): Advanced practice and teaching techniques
- Pranayama and breathing exercises: Mastery of prana or vital energy
- Mudras and bandhas
- Meditation, mantra, and Japa yoga: Use of divine sound vibration for healing on all levels
- Vedanta philosophy: Study of the universe, self, and truth
- Karma and reincarnation
- Astral body, nadis, and chakras
- Raja yoga: The study and control of the mind
- Jnana yoga: Self-knowledge, the inquiry into the question "Who am I?"
- Bhakti yoga: The path of devotion and love for God, including the practices of chanting, worship, and self-surrender
- Nada yoga: Study and application of sound vibration as a tool for healing and uplifting the emotions and the mind
- Karma Yoga: The path of action and selfless service (1-hour practice each day involving preparing dinner vegetables, cleaning the ashram, gardening, and other projects.)
- Bhagavad Gita: Study and its application to life
- Anatomy and physiology: In relation to Hatha yoga
- Proper diet: For optimum health and peace of mind
- Yoga kriyas: Cleansing techniques and their practical application
- Ayurveda: Basic introduction to this ancient healing art
Why a residential program?
- The most effective way of learning and teaching is from direct experience.
- This is the traditional teaching where you will inherit the fruits of the wisdom of the rishis from ancient times to the present day in the Sivananda lineage.
- During the programs, you live in close contact with your teacher. You will have the privilege to study with Shri Yogi Hari, an adept yogi.
- Away from the distractions of the home environment, everyday responsibilities, business, and appointments, you will be amazed by how focused and attentive your mind will be to absorb this knowledge.
- In Yogi Hari's Ashram, you will live each moment of the program with awareness, bringing about growth and transformation.
- Located in sunny South Florida, Yogi Hari’s Ashram offers a peaceful, natural, and healing environment.
- You will enjoy two healthy, vegetarian meals daily, served buffet style. The diet includes simple and deliciously prepared ashram-grown fruits and vegetables, whole grains, legumes, and tofu.
Typical daily schedule
- 05:30 Wake up
- 06:00 Meditation, Nada yoga, and lecture
- 08:00 Asanas and pranayama
- 10:00 Brunch
- 11:00 Karma yoga
- 12:00 Personal time
- 14:00 Main lecture
- 16:00 Asanas and pranayama
- 18:00 Dinner
- 19:30 Meditation, Nada yoga, and lecture
Note: Check-in is from 12:00 to 15:00. The course begins on Friday at 16:00 with orientation and will finish on Friday at 11:00 after breakfast.
For over fifteen years, this training has cost 4,000 USD in line with most Yoga Teacher Training Courses currently offered. However, after teaching Yoga for over 40 years, Shri Yogi Hari decided to offer his world-renowned Yoga Teacher Training Course at a discounted rate to make Yoga training affordable.
Since Shri Yogi Hari began teaching Yoga, it has always been his desire to teach for free. But because the ashram is not supported by any organization or trust, the fees that students provide cover basic expenses, ashram maintenance, and organizational costs.
Even though the training is offered at a discount, this does not mean it is lacking in substance. In the presence of a self-realized master, Shri Yogi Hari, you will absorb more during this three-week training than you would learn at any other Yoga Teacher Training Course in the world.
Twice during the three weeks, Yogi Hari’s Ashram will an excursion to beautiful Fort Lauderdale Beach for Sunrise Meditation, yoga, and brunch. Around noon, you return to the ashram, but you are welcome to spend the rest of the afternoon on your own and arrange your own return transportation.