Who can join?
This course is open to anyone with a desire to deepen and expand their knowledge of therapeutic yoga. It’s ideal for those who have done previous training, and have preexisting Therapy. This 200-hour teacher training program is suitable for those that would like to teach Therapy, as well as those that would just like to develop their practice and learn more!
- Daily pranayama/meditation practice
- Daily Yoga Therapy Class
- Philosophy and history of Yoga Therapy
- A look at Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and the eight limbs in relation to Yoga Therapy
- Western anatomy includes a look at muscles, joints, connective tissues, and fascia
- Eastern anatomy including meridians, Nadis, and the chakra system
- Yoga philosophy, lifestyle, and ethics for yoga teachers
- Alignment, adjustments, and assists
- Daily teaching practice
- Alignment of all key Yoga Therapy Postures
- 06:30 - 07:30 Meditation / pranayama
- 07:30 - 09:30 Yoga Therapy
- 09:30 - 10:00 Breakfast
- 10:00 - 10:50 Mantra
- 11:00 - 12:00 Philosophy
- 12:00 - 14:00 Lunch
- 14:00 - 15:00 Anatomy
- 15:00 - 17:00 Art of teaching
- 16:00 - 17:30 Yoga Therapy
- 19:00 - 20:00 Dinner
Classes run from 6:30 a.m. to about 5:30 p.m. daily. Your time will be spent between asana, theoretical, and practical classes. Please note that the schedule above is an example and timings may change. On Saturdays, you will have only half-day classes and Sundays are your days off. Use this time to relax, study, and enjoy your surroundings.
Karma Yoga (selfless service)
On the weekdays, you will be engaged in voluntary Karma Yoga. This will be a short time either before or after classes. Karma Yoga, the yoga of selfless action, will help you to learn and practice yoga holistically.
Check-in and check-out
Please feel free to check in any time from 10 a.m. The day is dedicated you to settling in. Shree Hari Yoga will hold an introduction and orientation opening ceremony for your information, followed by a welcome dinner from 5:30 p.m. onwards.
On the last day, Shree Hari Yoga will hold a closing ceremony before your departure, where you will get your certificates. You have time to prepare everything to leave on this day. They welcome any feedback at the end. Check-out time is 1 p.m., but you may join activities throughout the day as desired. They will hold your belongings safely.