27-Day Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Retreat in Costa Brava, Barcelona
Different core programs
Workshops in Acroyoga, Ayurveda, myofascial release, backbends, and inversions
Asana, pranayama, and meditation every day
Small groups to adapt and individualize the learning process and attention
This 200 hr Yoga Alliance certification training is designed for you to become a confident yoga teacher in a beautiful villa in the heart of Costa Brava, near Barcelona. Nydum will be mentoring you to develop your personal practice on many levels and to intake the needed skills to become a teacher. With everything included, you can focus on unfolding, absorb, and integrate all the information you'll be provided with.
Located on one of the most emblematic beaches of Costa Brava, Nydum is a little elevated offering stunning views over the Mediterranean sea.
There is a walking road that crosses Costa Brava called "camí de ronda" for the ones who love to hike during their free time.
The location is about an hour and a half away from Barcelona, and 30 minutes from Girona. This makes Nydum a perfect place to explore the Catalan country.
Villa Flores is the perfect place to retreat yourself and plunge into yoga. The surroundings and views give the perfect environment to find quiet and peace.
- Each room has its own bathroom
- A long table to fit everyone to eat together
- Saltwater swimming pool
- Huge garden with green spaces
The kitchen is vegetarian, wholesome, and uses mainly locally sourced ingredients, based on the Mediterranean diet. The aim is to provide healthy, delicious food that allows you to progress in your yoga practice. Dietary requirements are catered for, please notify Nydum upon booking.
If you have special dietary requirements it's a good idea to communicate them to the organiser when making a reservation
As part of the 200-hour yoga teacher training, you can expect:
- Powerful teachings blending the traditional view of Ashtanga yoga and modern tools
- A dedicated and highly qualified yoga teaching team with a passion for the practice and years of professional full-time teaching experience
- A space where you can focus on your practice and your learnings, in a fully equipped, peaceful villa where you will find everything to meet your needs
- A tote bag with a yoga manual following the course content
This full-spectrum training is the perfect opportunity for genuine seekers, students and teachers looking to evolve their understanding and practice of yoga.
If you are ready to develop your practice and teaching skillset, and find the confidence to guide a class while committing to an intense month, then this is the training for you.
Nydum invites, not only those who wish to become teachers, but anyone who wants to take their practice to deeper physical, mental, and spiritual levels.
Over the 4 weeks, you are going to be guided in 6 main blocs to develop your practice and your skills as a yoga teacher.
By the end of the 4 weeks, Nydum expects you to have an established Ashtanga self-practice as well as a pranayama and meditation routine, to take home with you.
You can expect:
- 4 mornings per week of Ashtanga yoga
- To develop a self-practice by the second week
- Be-weekly Vinyasa flows with a peak posture
- A pranayama sequence routine to build up a self-practice
- Meditation and exploration of diverse techniques
2. Anatomy and alignment
Nydum wants you to go beyond memorizing crazy body parts names, they want you to understand the musculoskeletal system and biomechanics, in order to equip you to adapt your classes accordingly.
- During this module, you will learn what are the most vulnerable poses for the body and how to reposition to avoid injuries
- An introduction to biomechanics which includes the plane of movements, the relationship of body areas to each other, gravitational impact of positions on body structures, movement science
- Introduction to fascia and fascial planes (anatomy trains)
- Introduction to the nervous system and its relationship with the practice of yoga
- To learn about the anatomy of the breath
- To learn about injury prevention and special population considerations
- To learn how the integration of anatomical knowledge with yoga teachings, sequencing, and cuing development
- To learn the names of the main poses in Sanskrit
The purpose of this module is to get familiar with the key concepts of yoga philosophy by analyzing different interpretations while developing your own interpretation of the text.
You will learn:
- The origins of yoga and how we got to the modern practice
- The different philosophical lineages, with greater attention to Patajali’s Yoga Sutras
- How to incorporate the 8 limbs of Ashtanga yoga on and off the mat
4. Teaching methodology
By the end of the training, Nydum will prepare and expect you to teach a 60-minute class to your group. This teaching methodology module will take you to step by step through the process of creating a class and will help you to find your own style as a yoga teacher.
- Communication skills
- How to articulate clearly, directly, and with intelligent cues
- How to teach asana technique and correct alignment
- To build your skill in observing alignment across different bodies
- How to create classes that are infused with yogic philosophy and your heart’s message
- How to build intelligent sequences, which are powerful, dynamic, and balanced
- How to teach from your authentic self
This program is not about memorizing scripts. It’s about understanding the principles of alignment, sequencing, and teaching so that you feel confident in creating and leading your own original classes.
Once you have incorporated the learnings of anatomy, Nydum will use them to improve as adjusters, learning how to touch, where to press, and how to help the students go further in their own practice.
- How to recognize when a student may need help to go further in their practice
- To understand the biomechanics in order to adjust in an effective way
There are many workshops waiting for you here at Nydum. Some are more specific for your own practice, while some will further develop you as a teacher. Workshops examples include backbends, inversions, Acro yoga, Yin yoga, myofascial release, and Ayurveda.
Example daily schedule
- 07:30 - 09:30 Asana practice: Ashtanga Vinyasa
- 09:30 - 10:15 Pranayama / meditation
- 10:15 - 11:15 Breakfast
- 11:15 - 12:45 Teaching methodology / philosophy
- 13:00 - 14:30 Anatomy and alignment
- 14:30 - 16:30 Lunch
- 16:30 - 18:30 Workshop
- 19:30 Dinner
- The example schedule is subject to change to the needs of students and lead teachers.
- Classes are all day, Monday to Saturday with Sunday off.
There is a big list of things to do in the area, from taking a path that goes across the coast, to renting kayaks on the beach and on a river, hiking to a castle, visiting old towns, going for tapas... and much more.
Amelia's journey as a teacher started 15 years ago and has trained in Pilates, fitness, and personal training. She worked with a diverse range of people and communities. At that point, she realized how much she loved to help people have a better, more active life and decided to study for a degree in Exercise and Sport Sciences, in Spain. In 2013, she completed her 500 hours of yoga teacher training. She realized that health is not just about the physical body but the mind and soul also. Through yoga, Amelia found balance in her life.
As a nature lover, she studied Environmental Science and got the opportunity to travel around the world spending time in Argentina, Nicaragua, Canada, England and Italy. But when she went to India in 2007, her introduction to yoga transformed her life. She started her yoga journey by learning Ashtanga yoga. Later on, she travelled to New York to the Ashram Yoga Ranch Woodbourne to qualify as a Sivananda Advanced Teacher. She has been attending different Vinyasa and Yin yoga training courses.
Born in India, from an early age Santosh had the opportunity to start practicing and studying Vedanta, the philosophy of yoga. He has been a yoga teacher since 2000 in India and England, and then in 2009 he moved to Catalonia, where he set up and runs Rangoli yoga studio. He teaches with energy, vitality and enthusiasm. His classes have a very personal style. Aware of the potential that yoga has in everyday life, his way of teaching conveys its philosophy, values and importance. He trained to become a yoga teacher at the Varanasi Yoga Training Centre in India.
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a 50% refund
You may not change your dates after booking
No refund if you test positive for Covid
Full refund if you cannot travel due to Covid restrictions
Full refund if the retreat does not take place due to Covid restrictions
You won't be charged yet