Yoga Vidya Mandiram Yoga School is a registered yoga school centred in Rishikesh, India. The centre is dedicated to restoring, exploring and imparting the purest form of knowledge of Yogic studies and its practices with their scientific verification. It intends to maintain the yogic teachings to their ancient and traditional purity as taught by the yogis of the Himalayan masters. Thus it is a bridge between pure and traditional forms to the contemporary format of teaching yoga.
Yoga is a science and art of living blissfully. Knowingly or unknowingly, you are continuously looking for the solution of body, mind, and soul issues. Yoga retreat at Yoga Vidya Mandiram provides a solid platform to explore the yogic spiritual roots in the Himalayas through yogic practices along with visiting shrines, temples, and ashrams.
Yoga Vidya Mandiram guides its students of yoga on a journey of self-discovery and inspires them to practise yoga holistically. Yoga is a process of integrating the body, breath, and the mind and focus is placed on other limbs of the practice beyond the physical yoga asanas.
- Introduction to meditation
- Introduction breathing practice
- Introduction to the concept and basic practice of relaxation
- Introduction to Pranayama practice
- Sitting posture for pranayama practice
- Basic pranayama practice: Nadi Shodhana
Basic Yoga Philosophy
- Introduction to Yoga Philosophy
- What is Yoga?
- Why Yoga?
Basic Yoga Anatomy
Relaxation & Meditation
- Practice basic relaxation techniques
- The sequence of relaxation practices
- What is meditation and what is not
- Two to five minutes of meditation
The schedule is subject to changes without prior notice.
Please note that the first day of the retreat will start with an opening fire ceremony at 10.30 a.m. Yoga Vidya Mandiram advises that you arrive at least 1-2 hours early to settle into your room and take your time before the retreat starts.
You will explore the holy town of Rishikesh situated on the river Ganges and you will also go on a tour to visit Himalaya's shrines and temples at either one of the locations:
- Kunjapuri Himalayan Temple
- Vasishtha Cave
- Experience trekking up to Neergaddu Waterfall