Shree Hari Yoga’s training is founded on the four streams of yoga.
Bhakti yoga (union through love and devotion)
- Kirtan - music of love
- Mantra - experiencing the power of Sanskrit sound
- Satsang - group discussion
Jnana yoga (knowledge)
- Art of teaching
- Yoga therapy
Karma yoga (selfless action)
- Encouraged daily!
- Raja yoga (practice and self-discipline)
- Asana (Hatha, Ashtanga, and multi-style yoga practice)
- Pranayama (breathing practice activating energy streams within the body)
- Meditation (a variety of active and passive meditations)
- Note: Shree Hari Yoga also offers the opportunity to experience Shatkarma (yogic cleansing techniques).
Shree Hari Yoga employs specialists in all fields, both Indian and Western, ranging from life-long yogis to yoga university graduates. At the end of the 300-hour yoga teacher training, you will hold an internationally certified Yoga Alliance 300-hour teacher training certificate. The groups tend to be around 6 people, allowing them to work with everyone individually. They’ll work on your sequences and adjustments, helping you to develop your own unique teaching style.
On the 300-hour course, the teachers will work with you to deepen your knowledge of key yoga philosophy. You’ll study Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, The Bhagavad Gita, and the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, discussing the applications of the teachings.
As you’ll remember from your 200-hour training, a TTC is challenging and hugely rewarding, expanding the mind and developing the body. At Shree Hari Yoga School, they aim to bring their students the motivation and tools to continue a life-long yoga practice.
The following is a brief detail of the syllabus for a diploma in a 300-hour yoga instructor certification course (300-hour YTTC).
- Module 1: Concept and meaning of multi-style yoga. In this module, you will learn chair yoga for treatment and physiological basis of dynamic and static forms of Power yoga, Hatha yoga, Sivananda yoga, Ashtanga-Vinyasa yoga, Restorative yoga, Iyengar yoga, Vinyasa Flow yoga, pranayama, meditation, and teaching methodology
- Module 2: Teaching methodology and principles of teaching. Students of this course will also be practising teaching yoga (later on, it can be possible for the trainee or volunteer to have more intensive training too).
- Module 3: Anatomy and physiology
- Module 4: Yoga philosophy
- Module 5: Pranayama and Shat-Kriya
- Module 6: Meditation and relaxation techniques
- Module 7: Mantra chanting and meaning
Workshops (available only seasonal)
- Ayurveda: The course will teach students a basic knowledge of Ayurveda which can help in healthy living, application of Ayurveda according to Dosha and diagnosis and cure various conditions, use of Ayurveda for sequencing, and practice of yoga supportive to each individual’s own nature (dosha).
- Yoga therapy: Concept and meaning of yoga therapy, principles and basis of yoga therapy, and integrated approach of yoga therapy
- Concept of health and disease and mechanism of disease according to yoga, development, and reversal of disease according to soul, mind, and body approach.
- Physiology of stress and how stress leads to psychosomatic ailments and stress management through yoga
- Soul, mind, and body approach and its use in understanding the development of disease and reversal of the disease
- Yoga for common psychosomatic ailments like back pain, yoga for Sciatica yoga for diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma, yoga for IBS, constipation and many other diseases, yoga in pregnancy, prenatal yoga, and post-natal yoga.
Topics the students will explore, gain knowledge of, and immerse within this course include, but are not limited to Hatha, Vinyasa, Iyengar, Ashtanga yoga, philosophy, mantra, mudra, bandha, Kriya, fitness and yoga meditation, healing, yoga therapy, anatomy. You will also study Bhagvad Geeta, Upanishads, chakras system, Ayurveda, teacher, training courses, yoga teacher training, and courses worldwide.
Note: Please come with proper fitness, preparations for yoga training, and coastal living in the tropical environment.
- Ayurveda spa and courses
- Explore the national parks nearby South Goa Region (reachable from Ashvem, Goa)
- Surfing classes
- Swimming on the beach
- Visit Ajuna Fleamarket
- Visit Sunset Beach markets (near Ajuna Beach)